Can you kick it?
Can YOU Kick It? CBBC is searching for the UK’s best young technical footballers. If you’re aged between 10 and 14 years old and think you have got the necessary tekkers, we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
To apply, you’ll need to complete the application form, and send us a video of you showing off your best football skills. You can do this with our video uploader (details below).
If you are selected by the team here at CBBC, you will be invited to attend a regional Trial where you can show off your best tricks and might even be given a go on the Can You Kick It? course, specifically designed to test all aspects of your football technique. The top ten footballers from the Trials will then get the opportunity to hone their skills with only the most capable progressing to the Grand Final.
Trials will take place from late June to the middle of July in several UK regions. In addition, should you progress from the trials, you must be available for all of the following dates:
5th – 15th August 2018
25th August 2018
IF YOU WANT TO APPLY, FIRST YOU NEED TO GET PERMISSION!
• Make sure you have permission from your parent/guardian before sending us any personal details.
• All contact numbers that you give must be for a parent/guardian aged 18 years or over.
• You must be a UK resident (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
• You must let us know if you are a close relative of any BBC employee.
• You must be aged between 10 and 14 years old on 1st April 2018
WHAT TO DO NEXT
• Download and complete the application form and tell us about yourself.
• Get your parent/guardian to complete and sign the consent form. It should then be returned to us via the email address below.
• You must include a recent photograph of yourself too.
• As well as the application form, please prepare and film footage of you showing off your most impressive football tricks and skills. The video should be no more than 60 seconds long.
• Submit your video application using the video uploader tool below.
• Within your video audition you must include your full name, parent/guardian’s name, parent/guardian’s phone number and parent/guardian’s email address. We cannot accept the application without these important details.
Tips for recording your video
– Always make sure you’re filming in landscape rather than portrait.
– Make sure you’re not wearing clothing with large logos, or your school uniform.
– Make sure the video does not identify your location, school or home address.
– Try and film during daylight if possible.
– Ask a parent or friend to help you film – they can always rest your phone or camera on some furniture to help keep it steady.
– Try and make sure your skills stand out, make sure we can see all of it and show off your ability as much as possible to really impress.
– Please be aware of your surroundings and ensure you are filming in a safe place.
– Please do not film close to a road or anywhere considered dangerous.
– Make sure any equipment you use is safe and do not do anything that might cause you harm.
Get your applications to us as soon as possible. NOTE – The application deadline for both video auditions and application forms is noon on Friday 18th May 2018.
Although we will consider every application, we won’t be able to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us by 15th June 2018 then your application hasn’t been successful on this occasion.