CBBC is searching for the UK’s best young technical footballers. If you’re aged between 10 and 15 years old, have brilliant ball skills and top tekkerz, then we’d love to hear from you!
How to apply
If you are selected by the team here at CBBC, you will be invited to attend a regional Trial where you’ll be able to show off your best tricks and flicks and take on our Can You Kick It? assault course, specifically designed to test all aspects of your football technique.
The 10 footballers with the best time on our course will then progress to Training Camp and have a taste of pro-football facilities around the UK. Only the most capable will progress to the Grand Final and one will be crowned Can You Kick It? Champion 2019.
Trials will take place from late April to the middle of May in various UK regions.
Should you progress to Training Camp, it will take place over 10 days between mid-June and mid-July. You must be available during these days.
IF YOU WANT TO APPLY, FIRST YOU NEED TO GET PERMISSION!
- Make sure you have permission from your parent/guardian before sending us any personal details.
- All contact numbers that you give must be for a parent/guardian aged 18 years or over.
- You must be a UK resident (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- You must let us know if you are a close relative of any BBC employee.
- You must be aged between 10 and 15 years old on 31st July 2019.
What to do next
- Download and complete the application form and tell us about yourself.
- Get your parent/guardian to complete and sign the application form. It should then be returned to us via the email address below.
- You must include a recent photograph of yourself too.
- As well as the application form, please send in some video footage of you showing off your most impressive football tricks and skills. Think about showing us any freestyle skills, but also your shooting accuracy and dribbling ability.
- The video should be no more than 60 seconds long.
- Submit your video using the CBBC uploader below.
- Along with any details required for our uploader, you must also include with your application form your full name, parent/guardian’s name, parent/guardian’s phone number and parent/guardian’s email address. We cannot accept the application without these important details.
Email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tips for recording your video
- Always make sure you’re filming in landscape rather than portrait.
- Make sure you’re not wearing clothing with large logos, or your school uniform.
- Make sure the video does not identify your location, school or home address.
- The video should feature only you, not anyone else.
- Try and film during daylight if possible.
- Ask a parent or friend to help you film – or think about safely resting your phone or camera on something to help keep it steady.
- Try and make sure your skills stand out, make sure we can see all of it and show off your ability as much as possible to really impress.
- Please be aware of your surroundings and ensure you are filming in a safe place.
- Please do not film close to a road or anywhere considered dangerous.
- Make sure any equipment you use is safe and do not do anything that might cause you harm. Get your applications to us as soon as possible.
NOTE – The application deadline for both video auditions and application forms is 6pm on Sunday 31st March 2019.
Although we will consider every application, we won’t be able to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us by 28th April 2019 then your application hasn’t been successful on this occasion.