COVID-19 funding under £10,000 – including Coronavirus Community Support Fund
What can you spend money on?
We can fund activities supporting people and communities affected by COVID-19. We can also help organisations overcome any acute financial difficulties they face as a result of the pandemic.
This list doesn’t include everything. So, if you’re not sure, contact us.
We can fund:
- your organisation’s running costs
- essential items for food banks
- small land or refurbishment projects that can be delivered within Government guidelines (but make sure you own the land or building, have a lease that can’t be ended for five years, have a letter from the owner saying the land or building will be leased to you for at least five years, or an official letter from the owner or landlord that says you’re allowed to do work on the building) – you should also think about getting planning permission for the work too
- one-off events
- staff costs
- training costs
- utilities/running costs
- volunteer expenses.
We encourage you to think about any organisational costs needed to help you and your community through the current crisis.
We can’t fund:
- contingency costs, loans, endowments or interest
- profit-making/fundraising activities
- VAT you can reclaim
- statutory activities
- overseas travel
- campaigning activities (this fund is to support the delivery of direct services for vulnerable people)
- religious activities (we can fund religious organisations if their project benefits the wider community and doesn’t include religious content)
- political or lobbying activities.
If you’re ready to start your application
Awarding emergency funding to organisations in England
We’re distributing government funding alongside National Lottery funding, to support organisations to continue to deliver services to people and communities affected by COVID-19. We can also help organisations overcome any acute financial difficulties they face as a result of the pandemic.
The amount of funding and length of funding
Given the emergency, we’re looking to award funding of between £300 and £10,000 to cover six months of expenditure.
- Suitable for
- Voluntary or community organisations
- Funding size
- £300 to £10,000
- Application deadline
- Ongoing, although eligibility is changing after 17 August 2020