The Grow the Game scheme provides an investment of £1.5m to traditionally underrepresented groups in community football.
Grow the Game aims to support the growth of new Female and Disability teams by offering grants of £1,500 for the creation of new affiliated teams.
The application window will be open from 26th February 2020 to 31st May 2020 and applications will be assessed on a first come first serve basis.
Ready to apply?
Who is eligible?
- Football clubs
- Youth clubs with a football programme
- Futsal clubs
- Community groups/centres/clubs
- Charitable organisations
- Parish Councils
- Sports Associations
- Local Authorities
- Multi-Sports clubs
- Companies limited by guarantee
- Professional Club Community Schemes
- Industrial and provident societies
- Unincorporated not-for-profit organisations
- University and College Teams playing in FA affiliated community leagues
Who is not eligible?
- Profit making organisations
- Educational establishments
- University teams playing in BUCS, Intramural, or non-FA affiliated leagues
- College Teams playing in AOC, Intramural, or non-FA affiliated leagues
- Groups wishing to apply for charitable status
- Organisations seeking retrospective funding for costs that have already been made or are due before an offer of a grant has been awarded
About the grant
All teams within the project must be affiliated for the upcoming season (2020/21).
Grow the Game provides funding to contribute towards a combination of the following essential costs:
- Facility hire
- Referees fees
- DBS checks
- Affiliation fees
- League entry
- Promotion and publicity
- FA coaching courses
- Additional courses
- Football kit/equipment through a bespoke voucher
Please note: grant awards are limited to two teams per application
Kit and Equipment voucher
A £350 Nike Kit and Equipment voucher* is available for each new team being created.
*Please note, this is not in addition to the £1,500 grant.
How to apply
Grow the Game is an extremely popular scheme and the assessment process is competitive, therefore we strongly recommend that before making an application you contact your local County Football Association to discuss your project in advance of the application window opening.
Please note for the applications that meet eligibility criteria they will be prioritised on a first come first serve basis.